Microsoft provides a wide array of powerful services within Office 365 — but a comprehensive backup of your Office 365 data is not one of them.
Veeam® Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access and control over your Office 365 data including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business — so that your data is always Hyper-Available and protected
Features and Benefits
- Daily, automatic backups of your users’ email, calendar and contacts
- Unlimited storage
- Infinite Data Retention
- Full Encryption both in-motion and at rest
- 4 easy ways to restore: back to O365, save local file, export to PST, forward as attachment
- All-inclusive pricing – bandwidth, storage, licensing, and support
Take Control of your Data
Microsoft Office 365 enables your enterprise to work anywhere, anytime, without the need to host your own email, files and content management infrastructure. Even though Microsoft hosts the infrastructure, this doesn’t replace your responsibility of maintaining a backup of your business-critical Office 365 data.
Retention Policies: What exactly does Microsoft back up?
GDPR compliance & Office 365 backup
The recent introduction of GDPR regulations on data security is a huge concern for all companies that store and manage customers sensitive data. Its important to understand what changes in the law might cause you to rethink your backup plan. We’ve highlighted some noteworthy points you might to consider.
1. There are very strict policies in action if personal data leaves the EU. This aspect of GDPR means if you use cloud services to backup sensitive data, you need to know where the servers are located. You might want to consider a provider which stores data more locally.
2. The GDPR law states that if a company stores personal data, they need to implement safe measures to protect the information. Although there are different interpretations of what security measures should be used, the most important point to take note of is that data, especially sensitive personal data, needs to be secure.
3. Thirdly, personal data must be capable of being restored in a timely manner in the event of an incident. This means that backup of personal data is a must. It is important to ensure that your backup solution does not increase the risk of a personal data breach.